Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Price of Sharing



Good day to you all!

If you will notice, in the left hand column of this page there is now a “Donate” button. I have added it to help keep this blog going, my Facebook group and page alive and the website up and running.

I will be honest with you. This all started as a business endeavor but it has evolved into something much more than that. It is now an attempt to share knowledge and experiences in the hope that you will be able to be more self sufficient and rely less on today’s society. I am hoping to help you reduce your dependence on ‘the almighty dollar’ and the resulting ‘adventure’ has become much less about ‘making money’ and more about you living a simple and happy life.

That said, it’s the almighty dollar that keeps the internet hooked up to my humble homestead. As much as I would like to be able to barter a bushel or two of tomatoes, or something similar, for a year’s worth of internet access, I regret to inform you that the corporation I purchase it from has no interest in ‘the fruits of my labor’ unless they be smallish green pieces of paper (or a few electrons formed into pixels showing a dollar amount). In addition to the Donate button, any of the other links on this page and on the website also forward me a small percentage of your purchase costs.

Thank you all for allowing me into your lives and for sharing your experiences and knowledge in return. I could not do any of this without you!

Here are the other sites that are associated with this blog:


No comments:

Post a Comment