Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday Update



Yay! It is BLACK FRIDAY! You want to know the best part? I'm here at home with my girls. Normally I would be getting right to my projects, organizing m'inion with crafts and utilizing this day to its fullest but I fear I have a turkey induced coma.

It managed to hang on through the night and seems to be lasting the better part of the day. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with family, friends and yes indeed even some complete strangers. The day was filled with shooting, horses, cards, good conversation and more food than two dozen plus people could eat in a week yet alone an afternoon. It was a good day indeed.

It appears from the replies to the "self sufficiency during the holidays" blog post that many of you are of like mind and are also bringing self sufficiency into the holidays. It helps to know that we are not alone; no matter what the personal motivations are. I hope you are enjoying this day of national madness in a way that makes you feel blissfully relaxed.  For all my friends who are participating in the shopping craziness; I hope you find what you went out for and stay safe. Rumor has it that the deals aren't that great and not as many folks intended to go out and shop today. Truly, I'm just glad to have discovered that we aren't the only "fruitcakes" embracing a less commercial attitude about the holidays. Bonus is At this point it looks like most of our family has hopped on board for the fifty-fifty rule and plans to try to do as little brand new big box or chain store shopping as possible.

Thank you all for taking time out of the busy holiday week to visit us here. We are still experiencing slight difficulties, conflicts and errors with posting comments via mobile devices. We are working on resolving these issues as soon as possible. If you get stuck while trying to enter your comment I suggest using the preview feature and then choosing edit. It worked for me. You will notice we have updated the page and added a ‘subscribe via email’ button at the upper right to make following us easier. Once again it's a work in progress and your feedback is the best judge of how we are doing so please leave us a comment and let us know how we are doing. Please feel free to contact us at Kaya Self Sufficiency on Facebook if you are unable to post a comment here.

Many Thanks and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours
Kaya

As always you can join the Facebook group, like the Facebook community page, and visit the website. All of these are conveniently called “Kaya Self Sufficiency”. I hope you have enjoyed this post and I hope you are getting better at providing as much as you can for yourself and for your family, group, or community.

No comments:

Post a Comment